The funeral for fallen EMT\Firefighter Rodney W. Pitts III will take place this morning, Oct.27.
The service is scheduled to begin at 10 a.m. at the Cathedral of Mary Our Queen on North Charles Street, followed by a procession to Dulaney Valley Memorial Gardens in Timonium where he will be laid to rest.
Firefighters have begun gathering for the funeral of fallen EMTFirefighter Rodney W. Pitts III. The service is set to begin at 10 a.m. at the Cathedral of Mary Our Queen on North Charles Street, followed by a procession to Dulaney Valley Memorial Gardens in Timonium. pic.twitter.com/afe4Jp3tqD
— WBAL NewsRadio 1090 and FM 101.5 (@wbalradio) October 27, 2023
Pitts died last Thursday after battling a blaze on Linden Heights Avenue. A second firefighter, Lieutenant Dillon Rinaldo, died from his injuries earlier this week. Funeral plans for Rinaldo have not been announced.
— Baltimore Fire (@BaltimoreFire) October 25, 2023
The Baltimore City Fire Department announced road closures for the procession.
Fire officials announced the following road closures, that are subject to change.
- North Charles Street closed from West Cold Spring Lane to Northern Parkway (expected 7 a.m. to noon)
- West Northern Parkway closed from North Charles Street to Interstate 83 after funeral (expect closures and delays between 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.)
Expect additional delays along the procession route, which follows.
- East Padonia Road closed from I-83 to 200 East Padonia Road (expected closures and delays between 1-2 p.m.). Expect additional delays along York Road.
- East Padonia Road will be closed from Eastridge to Treherne roads between 1-3 p.m.
Funeral procession route
- Begins at Cathedral of Mary Our Queen (5200 N. Charles St.)
- North on North Charles Street to West Northern Parkway
- West on West Northern Parkway to northbound I-83
- North on I-83 to the Inner Loop of the Beltway
- East on the Beltway to northbound I-83
- North on I-83 to Padonia Road\Exit 17
- East on Padonia Road to Dulaney Valley Memorial Gardens (200 E. Padonia Road, Timonium)